Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wait...Actively


“Wait” is a foreign word in today’s culture. I don’t think it is an American thing either. I have seen so many pictures of people in other countries (mainly teenagers, but I think that is because most moms are inside) on their cellphones… Have you seen that commercial where the person is traveling and they have their phone in front of them the whole time and the commercial seems to just accept that this is how we see the world. Don’t get me wrong…this post IS NOT about how mom’s shouldn’t be on the phone so much. Its more about how to wait…


wait.

for.

it.

I’m going to be real honest here I cannot stand in line without checking facebook on my phone. any lull in conversation I find myself glancing at my phone for some kind of distraction from having to wait without doing something. BUT as God would have it He decided this is something he would teach me a lesson about…wait.

He has brought to my attention this verse
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord
Psalm 27:14

God asks us to wait and trust him. In our fast paced culture we find that hard. we want a solution to our problem right away we want to know what he plans to “do” as soon as we have sent the prayer heavenward. But God clearly tells us that sometimes he is going to ask us to wait. So does that mean I should just sit around on my hiney doing nothing cause I’m waiting for God to “do something”? No ! There is a such thing as ACTIVELY waiting. Waiting with action. You see obeying God’s command to wait and not doing anything would be disobeying so many other commands. such as:

Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation ~ Mark 16:15

Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.  ~ Matthew 9:38

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' ~ Luke 10:27

So we are too, preach the gospel, pray for others to be sent to into the harvest fields, love our neighbors and love God. That’s a lot of work to do! Following these commandments we will be very busy as we “Wait on the Lord.”.

When you have something that is burdening your heart that you are praying for and you feel like God’s answer is to “wait..wait on me.” Do not be discouraged, pick yourself up and get active…actively wait.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment